When it comes to cabin rentals in Michigan, Silver Sands Resort is committed to being a clean, family-friendly location for generations to enjoy. Our FAQ section is designed to address many of the common questions we hear from guests, but we’re happy to answer any others you may have. Just call our office and we’ll help you out! We’re here to make Michigan family vacations everything you want them to be.
Q. When is the office open?
A. Office hours are from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Q. How do I get to Silver Sands Resort?
A. When you cross the Mackinac Bridge on I-75, take the second exit (#344B). Follow US-2 west for five miles. Silver Sands Resort is located on the lake side. Silver Sands is across the street from the Deer Ranch. (Before the mystery spot).
Q. Can I bring my pets?
A. Silver Sands Resort is pet friendly. We welcome family cats and dogs—after all, how can it be a truly family vacation spot if you can’t bring your four-legged family members along! We do not charge a deposit for pets. Max of two well behaved pets per cabin.
Q. Are linens provided?
A. Quilts, pillows, and blankets are provided; we do not provide sheets and towels.
Q. What kitchen appliances are available in the cabins?
A. All cabins include a full kitchen. Every cabin is also equipped with a microwave, toaster, and coffee maker.
Q. Is smoking allowed in the cabins?
A. Due to Michigan laws, there is absolutely no smoking inside any of the cabins. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your adherence to this important safety regulation.
Q. When is my balance due?
A. The total cost of your stay (minus any deposit received) is due at check-in.
Q. Do you accept credit cards?
A. We do not accept credit cards at this time. Payment can be made via personal check (for deposits only) or cash. We do not accept personal checks at check-in.
Q. What time is check-in?
A. You may check in at 4 p.m.
Q. Where do I check in?
A. The house that has the office sign hanging from it.
Q. What happens when I can not check in before the office closes at 6:00PM?
A. You need to call to let us know an estimated time of arrival and we will stay open for you.
Q. What happens if I run out of toilet paper, trash bags, etc. or I have a general question during my stay?
A. Visit the office or call the office during open hours of 10:00AM- 6:00PM.
Q. What time is checkout?
A. Checkout is at 10 a.m. There are no exceptions.
Q. What do I do with trash?
A. All garbage must be deposited in the dumpster behind Cabin #6 prior to checkout.
Q. What do I need to do before checking out?
A. Please make sure the following is completed prior to checking out:
- Ensure cabin is as clean as when you arrived.
- Wash and put away all dishes.
- Empty all trash cans. (Garbage should be put in the dumpster behind Cabin #6.)
- Remove all belongings from your cabin.
Q. Will I get my deposit back if I cancel my reservation?
- Deposits will not be refunded if you have made your reservations more than 30 days in advance. For example, If you make your reservation on June 1st and your arrival date is September 1st there would be no refund given.
- There will not be a refund given if the reservation is not cancelled 30 days prior to arrival. For example you have made your reservation within 30 days or less of your arrival date and you would like to cancel, there is no refund given.
- No deposit refund will happen when you cancel a reservation that is over a holiday or special event weekend. For example if your reservation falls during Memorial day weekend, Fourth of July weekend, Car show, Tractor show, Truck show, Labor day weekend, or a special event.
We hope you enjoyed your stay at Silver Sands Resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon!